27 March 2014

Can I Ask...

... A favor of you guys? Camp NaNoWriMo is coming up fast—in fact, it’s coming up close in three days! I have a general novel idea in mind with a character I’m really excited to write about, but I want to know what you guys think of her.

Meet Cornelia Beatrice Harvard, or “Bee”, for short.
10th grader, though ninth grade by age, a thirteen-year-old in appearance, and a farm girl by blood.
On the shell, she’s analytical, opinionated, judgmental, and antisocial.
On the inside, however, she’s awkward, eccentric, and particularly ordinary—in the ways that matter.

I know, you all want to read a snippet about her from my novel, right? I don’t normally reply to the comments on my writing page, but I do end up granting requests, which, in this case, is posting more writing! So, without further ado, I’ll present you… Bee!

***
I am a child of the bees.

Ever since I was young, family friends always greet me with a pinch of the check and praise how the blood of the true countryside runs through my veins. After all, why wouldn’t I? My parents are the land, in flesh and blood.

My complexion says otherwise. During the rare occasions I stride into town, there would always be that one person who will question if I am a native to these fields. Compared to Mother’s, my hair is an unbalanced proportion of golden and sandy. Freckles, which I spent my elementary school years to erase with an eraser, sprinkle my fair complexion. My eyes were a rusty hazel.

No, I am not a bright southern farm girl that people expect. I am simply the girl in the background, the one who almost blends into the brown of faded photographs. I doubt that anyone from the high school in town knows how I am.

So, where do the bees necessarily come in? Primarily, I think the life purposes of bees and people are the same. Both strive to work hard and attempt to make their lives sweet. The farm business a hard industry to be in, and you have to work hard to survive.

One thing that sets people apart is that there are some who have life easy. No matter what the task is or how hard it is, they come out as survivors. Heroes. Role models. Some force from up above—whether it’s nature, the world, God—must make it easy for them.

Currently, my parents are survivors. To commemorate and remember their success, they named me Cornelia Beatrice Harvard, or “Bee” for short. I am a product to the sweetness of their success.

Yet, the winds have decided for this course to change.

***
So, what do you think? Please leave a comment and tell me!

20 comments:

  1. Okay, now you've gotten me hooked! I was like, "Oh no it's over!" I can't wait for you to post more. It sounds really interesting. Your writing style is better then most novels I've read! If this book was at the library I would totally check it out, but I will wait patiently (and anxiously lol) for more of your lovely writing! :)

    -Eve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, this really made my day! If you want, I can try to make it a weekly thing where I post an excerpt of my writing (where I'm at in the novel) during the month of April. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. dang that's awesome girl i want your skills xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Skills? Haha, I was having an entire conversation about that with my friends during fifth period! No, the only skills I have is the skill to clumsily fall during the worst time. :) You have epic skills too; you're photography is better than mine's ever could be. ^.^

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. I love this!!! You are such an amzing writer and I want your skills too!!! And please do post excerpts of your novel!! I want to know more about Bee XD

    hugs

    ~Maiya~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will post more. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. I love this! You are an amazing writer. Do you think you could post the whole story when your finished?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jollygirl! I'm planning on attempting to publish it before I become an adult (I know, it's a long way from now) so the only thing that I can really do is post snippets. I will try to work hard to finish and sent it off to publishers ASAP, which may be at the end of the year! XD

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. I'm intrigued! Your character sounds awesome. Can you pretty please post more? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said to Jollygirl, I'll only be able to post excerpts and snippets of my work because I want to try and publish it (the long process with an agent). I'm really happy that this is getting a lot of attention. Really surprised it did, though! :D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Sooo gooood! Did u publish ur other book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JADA! *huggles* I'm still editing it, but I'm so close! Like this close! Hopefully, by the end of summer, I'll be writing query letters! Missed hearing from you. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I will! :D And thank you so much! You all are making my week ;D

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely writing style! I'm anxious to see where Bee's story goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm really excited to see where this goes too; I have a general idea of what will occur in the novel, but who knows? There may be some unexpected twists!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. Okay I'm hooked! I love it! Please write more!
    Chloee.
    Thesecretghostcaller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try too post more for you all! :) I can't believe that this got lots of attention!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  10. I love it, Morning. :) How's your writing going? I haven't heard from you since Camp started... Which was today.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning