12 February 2014

The Liebster Award

Hi, everyone! I've been feeling lazy lately. It's student-led/parent/teacher conferences right now, and everyone at school was dismissed early. Anyways, I have been nominated with the Liebster Award by The Magic Violinist! 

The rules:
1. Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them!
2. Answer the ten questions given to you by the nominator!
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers!
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer!
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them by going to their website and notifying them!

1. eBook or physical book?
A: Definitely physical book! They're a lot more portable to carry around. Plus, you're allowed to use them DURING school than unlike eBooks, where there are some exceptions to when you can use it in school. I also love the smell of old and new books. At least, on the bright side, eBooks save paper and they also save the amount of shelf space I have for my books? It's a pretty small free space, now.

2. The Hunger Games or Divergent?
A: Hmm... this is a tough one! I love the Hunger Games and Detergent-- er, Divergent, I tend to call it Detergent for fun-- so I am torn by this question! Really torn. Um...I think I like the Hunger Games better because the idea seems a little more interesting (but Tris and Four are kick-butt characters, I have to tell you).

3. What are your favorite book-into-movie adaptations?
A: I think the most impressive one I have seen is Catching Fire (the second installment of the Hunger Games trilogy). I haven't seen the first movie because when it came out, I wasn't allowed to watch it. The second movie and how they depicted the Arena is just how I pictured it in my mind! And President Snow is intimidating, trying to kill out "their kind". (Movie reference!)

4. Book trailers: yay or nay?
A: It depends. Some book trailers are rather interesting, but others? Not so much. So... it would be a yay-nay? If there was such a thing.

5. What's your opinion on Twilight?
A: My opinion on Twilight. I can only judge the movies, since I have never read the books (I'll need to get to at least reading the first book). What I can tell you though is that it seems to be unbelievable. Werewolves and vampires? Fighting over a mortal girl? It's not my type. The movies always seems so dark to. When I was nine, I watched the first movie, and like then and now, I can not get the plot. The only good things about Twilight? When the male characters are mentioned in Carrie Hope Fletcher's song "Boys In Books Are Better." Oh, and the "How It Should Have Ended" versions!

6. Do you eat sweet or salty foods when writing?
A: I eat both sweet and salty foods while writing in my notebook, but not both at the same time. I do not eat anything when I am on my computer-- there HAS to be a three-foot radius from my laptop!

7. What's your favorite genre to read? How about your favorite to write?
A: Once again, I am torn by a question! I read so many genres that I sometimes lose track. I do end up reading lots of fantasy and contemporary, but dystopia/post-apocalyptic books aren't too far behind. As for what genre I like to write in, I've been going between fantasy and contemporary. I write fantasy in third-person, while I write contemporary in first-person and in verse.

8. Do you design covers for your own books like I do? Would you care to share some of those covers? ;)
A: I do design covers! Due to the limited amount of resources I have, the quality and creativity isn't all that great. Sadly, I don't have any at this minute.

9. Do you find that your writings are too short or too long?
A: Before, when I first got into writing. My first two chapters of my 2012 NaNoWriMo novel were at least 50 pages and nowhere near the end. The creative writing prompts at school were short. I had to learn to have a layout of my story in order to know how long it may seem.

10. Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind?
A: Yes, I do actually listen to music while I’m writing, but it isn’t the type of music I would normally dance to and crack up the volume, because it can easily distract me, being a huge music fan and all. Most of the time, I listen to music scores (i.e. Legend of Korra, Frozen, The Chronicles of Narnia) because it’s soothing. I only get to listen to those while I’m on my laptop; otherwise, I just write while listening to nothing.

My Questions for the Nominees
1. Thing you are currently fangirling/obsessing about?
2. Your quirkiest habit?
3. Your dream travel destination?
4. Guilty pleasure?
5. Who was the last person you waved hello?
6. Favorite YouTuber?
7. Your favorite fruit?
8. Have you ever watched the movie version of a book before you actually read it?
9. Your favorite store?
10. Harry Potter or Percy Jackson (if you have read the books? If you haven't, then just say which one you would rather read based on the series titles...)?

I don’t know that many bloggers, so I won’t exactly get to ten. I nominate this award to:

Starflower @ Fairy Skeletons
Juli @ Just Pepperminty
Tara @ Daily Life Adventures
Cindy @ Eat. Sleep. Read. Fangirl.
Emily @ Metias and Me
Aish @ The Mind Babble
Sakshi @ I’m Capturing Sunshine

4 comments:

  1. Loved your answers! :) We have a lot in common! Totally agree about Tris and Four. *wipes forehead* I get tired just reading about them running around, saving the world and such.

    Ha ha, you sound just like my mom! She won't let so much as a single crumb get close to her computer. Especially if I'm the one with the food. Ask anyone I know if I'm clumsy, and they'll all laugh and say, "Um, YES."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tris and Four! I heard that there is going to be Matel doll versions of them. O-O Wonder how that will work... "Tris and Four, inspiring little kids to become Dauntless." :D And I totally agree with getting tired reading about saving the world; just makes my head hurt thinking about it!

      Your mom does sound a bit like me. When my brother comes near my computer, I put my hands up in defense blocking it saying, "Don't. TOUCH." Ah, clumsiness with food. That tends to happen with me a lot, especially *gasp* at buffets; there is just so much people with little space to get by.

      Stay strong and wonderful!
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Aww thank you so much for this award!!! I do also love reading your blog, it's just so lovely. And wow I would've answered almost the exact same answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! Sadly, you are the only blogger I actually know so I have no one to nominate :( I still am going to answer your questions though! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning