08 February 2014

It's My Blogoversary!


Wow. I cannot believe that I have been blogging for 365 days now! An entire year of blogging! I don’t know what to say about this, really. Wrapping it up to say, “It is awesome!” wouldn’t necessarily make me feel satisfied. It only seems like yesterday that I have entered the world of blogging one year ago.

My Blogging Journey
                On Thursday, February 8th, 2013, I first entered the blogging world with only three goals in mind: one, to be able to speak out; two, to grow physically, mentally and emotionally; and three help me improve my writing skills. Perfectly Imperfect (now blogging under her real name, Sakshi Raina, at I’m Capturing Sunshine) also inspired me to blog, after bumping into it one day during the summer of 2012. So, I decided go on Blogger and create The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life.
              Soon, I joined Teen Bloggers on Goodreads in April 2013 and met some friendly people in the teen Christian community that I stumbled upon. The readers and the amazing bloggers I have met over the past year have helped my blog become what it is today! From then until this point, I have written many points about events and things that occurred in my life, and wrote posts about some of my thoughts on certain topics.
              Am I going to stop blogging? No, for the time being, I don’t see quitting blogging anytime in my future soon. I am hoping to write more meaningful posts and meet more bloggers just like I am in the blogosphere.

Blogging Friends
             I met and interacted with so many wonderful bloggers mainly in the book blogging and Teen Christian sphere over the past year, and all of them are incredibly wonderful people. If I don’t mention you, just know that you are a very awesome buddy and I honestly appreciate it that you’re reading my blog!

Chloe @ Rainbow of Words: This girl is amazing. She always comes up with the most bizarre yet brilliant ideas, and she also has a lot of interests like I do. I met her on the YWP NaNoWriMo forums and on her Blogger blog, Okapi Girl. You’re always so full of energy and though you have your down days at times, you always get back up on your feet. You keep doing what you do, all right?

Emma @ simply inspired: Emma, what can I say about you? You’re the one who got me into fangirling (and that’s good, because, back then, I loved book series’ but I never really talked to them with any of my friends at school) and I would have never known about unicorn poop cookies (if you don’t know what they are, they are cookies that are really colorful and rainbow-like covered in sprinkles)! You rock, girl! XD

Helena @ Crafts, Pictures, and All That Craziness: I originally known her from the Discovery Girl website. She is one amazing photographer and a band geek (band geeks are amazing; that is a fact). She is one of the spunkiest and sweetest person that I know of. I know that you’re busy with high school, but I really love reading your posts, no matter if they are only filled with pictures. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, and that is something that you definitely showed me!

D.S. (Moriah) who I have met on the DG website and has written as a collaborator at several group blogs, asayoungerwriter @ An Ordinary Girl with an Extraordinary Life and The Magic Violinist @ The Magic Violinist are also some blogging people that I’ve met but still getting to know. Hi, you three! J (And D.S., good luck into getting into the summit this year! I know you can make it; you’re such a sweet and loving girl :D).

Now What?
                Now what am I going to do? Well, as soon as I post this I’ll have to be logging off and watch my Saturday movie or the Olympics (Sochi’s opening ceremony was SPECTACULAR)! But, blog-wise, I am hoping to get more followers, write more posts, and get finished working on my blog design by Tuesday. Physical wise, it’s looking great (thank you to Harri who blogs at Vanilla Craft Blog for designing it, and to Ruby from Feed Me Books Now who has helped with some designing), but I’m planning to add more blog pages, create some memes, and finally host a giveaway! 


Inline image 3
Unicorn poop cookies!

Inline image 4
I'm going to be writing in my notebooks and jot down some ideas after this...

Inline image 5


18 comments:

  1. Heyy!! :) Congratulations! That's soo cool and amazing! Your blog is super awesome, just like you! ♥ And thanks so much for the shout out; it means a lot to me!:) You are an incredibly amazing person, and i hope you'll always know that! Even if you didn't get into DG (though you more then deserved to), you are still my role models, and inspire me every day. Stay your amazing self forever!!:)♥~D.S (Moriah)
    But you know, I'm still imagining you someday on the cover of one of the DG magazines, so...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, D.S.! (Or do I call you Moriah? I'm not sure... :) ) Haha, I think (like TennisFamily) I will apply for the summit. I actually answered all of the questions for the first questionnaire, but ran out of time to submit them. I really hope to see you in the magazine, as well! You would make an awesome DG, and I really think you can make it. :D

      Stay strong and wonderful!
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
    2. Ha ha thanks!;) And you can call me either name:) You should totally apply for the summit even though you're over the age limit! I know you can make it to-you are a really great and inspiring person! But even if you don't (though I know you will!;) ), to me you'll always be a DG! You would definitely make an amazing DG too! :):):) Stay amazing! ♥~Moriah (D.S)

      Delete
    3. All right! :) You stay amazing, too!

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. And can you uh, somehow magically send me those cookies? They look soo good...ha ha anyway, HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY!!!♥;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats! I love your blog, and I'm proud to be called a "blogging friend" of yours. xD Love the cookies, and congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I'm actually planning to create unicorn poop cookies over the summer! I just found a recipe of it!
      http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/unicorn-poop-cookies-214011/

      Stay strong and wonderful!
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  4. Aw, thank you. And congratulations on your bloggiversery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thanks. :D

      Stay strong and wonderful!
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  5. You have no idea how I feel right now after reading the post. Thank you so much!
    You just made my day!
    I don't think I can have a greater reward than this. Being able to inspire someone, I feel blessed. Thanks! :)

    Btw, I don't see a contact me page here, can I please have your email-ID ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! To be honest, I'm not allowed to give out my email because of privacy reasons and the whole shebang. :( I hope you would understand.

      Stay strong and wonderful!
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  6. Happy Blog Birthday!!! :) And thanks for the shout-out!

    OMG THOSE UNICORN POOP COOKIES ARE SO PERFECT! XD I need to make those now, being a unicorn lover like myself.

    (Nice "Despicable Me" GIF. ;) I'm convinced that anything involving the Minions can be successfully turned into an awesome GIF.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! You're welcome. :D

      I KNOW, RIGHT? They are amazing! :P

      And I totally have to agree with you about the minions GIFs. They are the most funny things that I have ever stumbled across in my entire life. I can't wait to see the minions movie coming out next year!

      Stay strong and wonderful!
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  7. Happy Blogiversary! I have only just found your blog but it is very quaint and cute so I'm about to go and follow it on bloglovin right away!

    x Erin

    louiseerin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog, too. :)

      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  8. Wow, I love the new background Morning! Also, I found a way to follow you via my wordpress blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! And thank you. :)

      Stay strong and wonderful!
      xoxo Morning

      Delete
  9. I hope it's not too late to wish you a Happy Blogoversary! :D I personally started blogging for similar reasons as well. Cheers!

    xo,
    Emm
    doodleandstories

    ReplyDelete