11 January 2014

Writing Decisions

 Writing. I think that this year, something good is going to happen with my writing career. Many people dream about becoming authors, but only a few have that dream accomplished. Getting into the writing business is hard-paced industry. Even if you do get published, how do you know your books will be well-known and that you will become very successful? 
 
 Thinking about that just gives me shivers right now. I'll have to work hard, and be very thick-skinned. During this moment of time, I am not getting any editing done; I am busy with Geometry, a book competition for school and theater. Time is not on my side right now. I also get only a limited amount of hours on my laptop (after all, I have a life outside of this twelve-inch computer screen), and almost all of my work is done on my computer.
       In the future, I'm going to have to make a couple of decisions:
1.When, during the week, I am going to devote at least thirty minutes on trying to edit my 2013 NaNoWriMo novel. I have a really strong feeling about this novel. If I did not have a strong feeling, then I would have given up writing it almost five years ago, when I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and recalling the most vivid dream.
2.If I am going to rewrite my contemporary novel. I wrote this during the July session of Camp NaNoWriMo, and now that I look at it, I flinch every time and think, "I seriously need to rewrite this once again and edit." This novel idea is just… wow. It is so mind blowing, and I have to credit all of the kids in the neighborhood, both past and present, for that one summer that gave me the idea. 
3.To not freak out when I get rejected by an agent. Or ten agents. The Help by Kathryn Stockett was rejected many times. Harry Potter got rejected by agents many times. Stephen King got rejected almost nineteen years before he finally got published. These authors got rejected many times, and look how amazing they have turned out.
4.Figure out what to do with my blog once I get published. Should I get a custom domain or start another blog entirely altogether? For now, I will just place that question aside. Once we get there, we will cross the bridge.
5.Work on my "writing in verse" works. I've been doing this for the past several months, and I have to tell you that it may be one of my writing styles that I may get a little more into later. Currently I am working on a verse story about one of my older (chronologically) characters, before he or she took on a new name.
6. Watch Doctor Who (the 2005 version, at least) a little bit more. My friends have been raving to me on how incredible the show is. Last night my brother and I recorded "The Day of the Doctor" on BBC America and we watched it after we ate breakfast. Can I tell you that this is some quality television that is worth watching? One minute you're laughing at the Doctors' funny remarks and the next minute you are bawling your eyes out because you can see all of the Gallifreyans suffering and the Doctors are deciding whether to destroy the planet. 
Now, if you would excuse me, I have to go and read my Battle books.
Today's breakfast: A chocolate muffin and milk.
My pile of books to read before Monday. It may seem like a lot, but it actually isn't. Normally, I read thicker books, but these stack of books are the exception.
Often I check out at least twelve good-sized novels, about 300 to 400 pages long, and I finish them all in a week's time.
Sorry, I just wanted to put this in... :) All of the reincarnations of the Doctor have some weird sense of style. Whether it is a panama hat, a scarf (scarfs like the Fourth Doctor's are very common at my school), a suit, bow tie, plimsoll shoes or a fez, hands down they have some crazy, amazing trends.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I have never been part of NaNoWriMo but I hope to do so in the coming few months.I hope you get that editing and rewriting done properly. GO GET 'EM TIGER! C'mon get to it!!
    I do understand how much of a stressor a finished first draft can be so....I hope you do well.

    Also, the eleventh doctor is quite amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am about to follow yours. Great post! Enjoyed reading it.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Abigail Lennah