18 January 2014

Stardust-- Fiction

Inline image 1
(image via weheartit)

I.
Stars twinkle.
And humans wish.
Everything about stars are magical.
How can they be so vast, countless?
We seem tiny, diminutive, if we are compared.
I used to wish my problems away.

How come stars get to be stars,
and I have to be an unlucky child?
I did not ask to be born unlucky.
I want to sparkle,
just as stars do.

My preschool teacher said 
something I disagree,
I don't think you can be
anything you want to be.

II.
Stars die.
They explode to create new stars.
That is what I am learning in class.
"Their atoms spread."

The stars of atoms may spread,
and touch many corners of the earth.
Have they touched me.

Thinking about this, 
I feel a light weight on my chest.
Stardust.
We are all made of stardust.
Thinking about that makes me 
feel like I am
sparkling.

5 comments:

  1. *jaw drops* O__O wow. that was beautiful. UGH YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD POET. i mean, i can start poems, and maybe sometimes finish them, but out of all that i have written, only a few ones do i actually admire. seriously. this poem is so good it should be put to music. x x love you, darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* Thank you, Les! Your comment made my day. To be honest, I'm not great at poetry too, but lately, my writing style is writing in verse. Don't worry! You'll get better as time goes on. :) Stay strong and wonderful! xoxo Morning

      Delete
  2. Amazing and creative post! Love this so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm speechless. I really don't know what to say... XD

      Stay strong and wonderful, all right? xoxo Morning

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's super amazing, Morning! Keep up with the fantasticness. I don't think that's a word, but oh well.
    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning