22 December 2013

The 2013 End-Of-The-Year Recap

1. Favorite Game From 2013?The most favorite game that I discovered in 2013 is Human Knot. What you do is you stand in a circle with at least five or six people, and you grab two different hands from someone in the group. Then, you try to untangle the "knot" without letting go of their hands. During the day of finals in May, my friends and I played this game along with shooting volleyballs through the baskets and singing… though that, my friends, is a completely different story that is irrelevant to this question right now.

2. Best Song You Have Discovered This Year? The best song I have discovered that was created in this year is the song "Brave" by Sara Bareilles. This song is about being able to speak your mind, and just "let the words fall out." This is a song that definitely relates to me, because I'm shy, but I often have a lot of thoughts in my mind. Often times, I'm just too afraid to try to speak my mind verbally, and this song has really helped me go through this school year being able to contribute to discussions and such. If you haven't heard of this song, I suggest listening to it and listening to the rest of her album, "The Blessed Unrest." Very good choice of songs.

3. Movie/Movie Series You've Watched That You Love The Hobbit movies are just absolutely outstanding! When I was at a hotel, I decided to watch this over Joyful Noise. I'm planning to read the book soon (I know, I know, I've done the evil deed of watching the movie first before reading the book), because my friends have recommended it.

4. Book/Book Series You Read? That's a tie between the Divergent series, by Veronica Roth, and the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. When I read these books, I wasn't much a huge fan over dystopia fiction, but these books have definitely sparked my interest in them. I'll recommend these books to fans of The Maze Runner series, or to newcomers of this genre. Shug, by Jenny Han (great contemporary book for tween girls becoming teens) and The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey are books I have read this year that I would also recommend.

5. YouTube Channels You've Found Out About? The YouTube channels that I have discovered in 2013 that are just downright amazing are the channels "itswaypastmybedtime" and "Blimey Cow." I never had any interest on YouTube channels until I found Bubzbeauty in 2012. Those two channels I discovered this year that I seriously love never fail to crack me up.

6. Show You Watch?
Legend of Korra
. When I was younger, I used to be really interested in The Last Airbender. I never became interested in Korra until I watched AMVs and the Season 2 trailer on YouTube, and I've been interested ever since. XD

7. Blog You Have Discovered? Feed Me Books Now is an outstanding book review blog created by Ruby, and I found her blog while searching kid and teen bloggers on the internet. This girl knows how to write book reviews and create graphics. I suggest to go and check it out!

8. 2013 Memory You Would Want To Relive Again My best memory from this year are basically the Team S.A.B.E.R. meetings. Team S.A.B.E.R. is a novel idea I had one day, but I got input from my friends, who most of the characters are based on. Those meetings, which were supposed to be serious, turned into pure chaos. Arguments about chocolate pudding and trying to get the marbles in the Talking Pikachu to stay (now that is a long story). During that time, I just could not stop laughing. Sadly, I laughed so hard chocolate milk came out of my nose.

9. Field Trip From This Year?
The best field trip I have gone to is the youth retreat I had for my church. I loved my time being outdoors and running around in four in the morning. What happened with that was my cabin decided to wake up at four in the morning to have enough time to do their "morning routine". Breakfast was at six, but our cabin was up until two. A girl from my cabin and I basically ran around the campground for two hours, swinging on the swings and playing Uno in the morning.

10. Favorite Person You Met? My favorite person I have met this year is Rivers! Oh my goodness, this girl is simply amazing. I met her at construction camp. At first, I was surprised with her outgoing personality and extending her hand out to introduce herself, but we soon began to run around camp. We sang songs out loud at the top of our lungs, talked about video games, and laughed our heads off. I don't get to see her much anymore because she lives in another town, but we still text each other often.