Thank you to Les of Beaute Imparfait, who has awarded me with the Sunshine Blog Award!
"For bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere."
The rules are:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated her and link to her blog
2. Nominate other bloggers and let them know on their blogs
3. Answer a list of ten questions
4. The Sunshine Award button must be posted on the blog
The Questions (you can answer my ten or make up your own; I'm doing a mix)
1. What is your favorite Bible verse?
A: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." –John 8:32
2. Something you are going to try to accomplish next year?
A: I am probably going to try to extend my writing and singing careers. I want to get published before eighteen, and I'm really striving for that. The writing industry is hard to get into, and you have to learn to be thick-skinned and get ready for anything that happens. People also are telling me to try to sing out more in public… I'm still afraid of being on stage, but I'm trying to overcome that fear.
3. Do you have a sweet tooth?
A: Haha, this question just cracks me up. Yes, I do have a sweet tooth. I just love sugar.
4. One of your best memories?
A: Team S.A.B.E.R. meetings, I suppose. (You hear me talk about these guys a lot.) It may be crazy because of our utter randomness, but seriously, I had a good time with the nine of my friends that I made over the past two years at school. Also, performing my group's choreographed dance for gym. Now that was a fun time, I admit.
5. What are you doing at this moment?
A: Typing this up, while listening to Sara Bareilles' "Gonna Get Over You." For some strange reason, that was the song that was in my mind before I went to sleep and the song that I remembered when I woke up this morning.
6. Something that made you happy today?
A: Finding out I got the award, listening to music, receiving The Last Present, no pun intended, and this (it's a reference to a nickname I'm also called at school):
7. Things that you discovered about this year?
A: Blogging, many good books and movies, and meeting awesome people.
8. Can you speak with a different accent?
A: Oh, lovely question! Yes, I love speaking in a British accent. During Home Economics in February, the people at my table group and I had accent speaking competitions. I'm trying to master Irish, Scottish, Australian (it sounds different than British), Southern USA and Jersey accents!
9. Do you play an instrument?
A: The violin and vocals. I can play a bit of piano, guitar, ukulele, recorder and…. Harmonica!
10. Lesson you learned this year?
A: "Say what you wanna say, and let the words fall out…" – from the song Brave, by Sara Bareilles.
(If you haven't noticed yet, I listen to her music a lot.)
1. Maiya from Willowy and Wispy
2. kiwiyoungwriter from Aspire
3. Helena from Crafts, Pictures, and All That Craziness
4. TheMusicMe22 from The Best Guide To Being Me
(If you've been nominated, I'll comment it on your blogs a little later.)
Stay strong and wonderful!