05 December 2013

Light In the Dark

Inline image 1
In case you haven't noticed, I am an avid Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra fan. I love both shows. I grew up with The Last Airbender, while I found out about Legend of Korra by YouTube, when I found a funny video showing the funny parts of the first season of the LoK. And no, I did not name this after the episode in the same series; I named this after the quote in the picture.

So, in this little screenshot on the second season of Legend of Korra, it is showing Uncle Iroh talking to the kid version of Korra. She is in the spirit world, looking for her teacher's daughter, and she bumps into Uncle Iroh--er, General Iroh. He's one of my favorite characters, because he often gives advice and learns to enjoy the simple things in life!

He tells Korra, "If you look in the light, you can often find it. But if you look in the dark, that is all you will ever see."

This is true. Looking in the light and dark is different for everyone. For me, personally, I'm an optimist, and I look often into the light for things. Also, even if my mood is dampened, I normally keep on smiling-- a reason why my friends keep saying to me, "Keep smiling, Morning!" Some who are realists and pessimists-- it can be hard to look light.

It depends on how you look at your situation and the problem you're facing. The reason why you can find light, unlike the dark, is because of one thing: hope. Hope is light. If you watched or read the Hunger Games, then you will know what I am talking about. In the movie, President Snow wants to kill Katniss because she is the beacon of hope that is causing the Districts to begin an uprising against the Capitol. If you look in the dark, it's nearly impossible to find that ignited spark of hope.

Stay strong and wonderful, everyone!

xoxo Morning

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loooooove this show!!! I still do, although the movie sucked! I have yet to watch the latest season of Legend of Korra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational, Morning. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning