31 December 2013

Goodbye to 2013; Hello to 2014

The year of 2013 is coming to a close.

Inline image 4

I have to admit, I am going to miss a lot of this year. I met lots of new friends along the way, and have been through many wonderful experiences—a very eventful year, if you ask me. The people that I've gotten to meet and know this year have never failed to astound me with their uniqueness and individuality. I got to experience my first youth retreat, learn to play the ukulele, and take a chance to retry some things that I have definitely wanted to get the swing back into.

One of the things that I am going to miss this of this year? The moments I had with my friends on Team S.A.B.E.R., all because of a book idea that I just created one school day, and we're still trying to make it into a reality. Team S.A.B.E.R. is, in fact, the working title I have for this book. Some of my friends in our group have moved or will be moving, and next school year, my friends and I will be in all different types of classes. My friends are basically my family, the family at school that I really appreciate. 

In fact, even before the book idea was born, I still hung out with these people, even if they were in my alternating classes. I got to know them in social studies, science and our school's open house. I preferred those classes periods with my friends rather than my two other core subjects, algebra and language arts—whether it was because the people in my social studies and science classes were more outgoing than the ones in my other subjects, I'm not sure.

One of the things that I really love about 2013 is that I have improved my novel-writing skills. In 2012, I still had a lot to learn about how to perfect the art of writing a decent novel, and I had to make up eleven days of procrastination. In 2013, I was able to get into the habit of writing consecutively and keeping track of my schedule and such. Blogging also helped me improve my writing style! Now, I am able to write almost every day, whether it is blog writing or jolting down ideas.

I have a lot of things I would like to accomplish this year. For one, I want to get to editing simultaneously for two of my novels and, hopefully, at the end of the 2014, I'll be able to send them off to agents. I am really excited and nervous for this to happen—I'm getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it! I'm also getting back into acting and singing. In a couple of days, I am auditioning for either Anne of Green Gables or a Camelot/Merlin related play! 

I bet that many of you have many resolutions for the year of 2014; I do, too. Some of us may be having a second attempt on our resolutions that we tried to accomplish in 2013. Before we venture into this New Year, let's look back at the past year and see how we are going to succeed with our goals this year.
The reason why we create resolutions is to improve ourselves, as a person. Before we go and try to accomplish them, we should first see why we want these resolutions to be accomplished, and then put the efforts to try to make those resolutions work. If you are ready to give up on your resolution, remember that you are trying to accomplish this because you want to change and improve yourself.

Some of my resolutions? Well, I want to be myself. I sort of accomplished this in 2013, but honestly, I think I could do better. Another thing I want to do is grow taller. I'm dreaming of that growth spurt, but until then, milk and sleep is the way I am going to grow! My third one is to get back into singing and acting. Singing and acting are two things that I love doing, but I'm really passive to do those activities. My final resolution is to be able to write, write, write, and take the first steps to accomplishing my dreams as a published author! You can reach your dreams, so why wait until you are an adult to accomplish them? Take the first steps to making them into reality!

I hope you all have a wonderful 2014, everyone. I know that there will be ups and downs going into this New Year, but that is how life is.


Inline image 3

Inline image 2

(P.S. I'll start up 2014 with the meme inspired by the book Wonder; keep our eyes peeled, and don't forget to choose kind.)