27 October 2013

Where You Come From Doesn't Matter



Inline image 1

For the past couple of days, I have been thinking about what to blog about.
I'm posting a lot during this month because, during November, I won't be able to blog as much as I want to.

On Wednesday, I found out that I was placed on JV1 for volleyball at school, and to be honest with you, I was doing my happy dance; volleyball is one of my favorite sports. Last year, I was on a C team, and I told myself I would try and practice to be on JV next year.  Training is pretty hard and exhausting; our team has to train with the varsity team.

Most of us were on C teams last year, us who are on JV.

During seventh grade and even at the writing conference I went to today, when I was first starting off, there would always be one question that would be heard around the halls that everyone would ask. And no, it is not, "Do you have any gum?", as funny as it is. The question that's always asked is, "What elementary did you go to?" Often they asked that because our elementary schools have different reputations and such.

At first, we were scattered, all from different schools. Now, we are all united, saying, "Oh, I go to this school."

What I am trying to say is, it doesn't matter where you come from. I know it sounds cheesy, but seriously, you can still achieve to do amazing things and reach your dreams.There are very successful people who, before they were successful, that were like us. Like Thomas Edison, who invented the lightbulb.

There are examples in novels, too. Harry Potter was a wizard who lived among Muggles, and he has faced things that many wouldn't face in their life time, like going face-to-face against Voldemort (I said his name!), He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Katniss Everdeen, from the Hunger Games, was a girl from District 12 who defeated President Snow, the dictator of the Capitol. Beatrice "Tris" Prior is my final example, from the Divergent Trilogy. She was an Abnegation girl who became Dauntless.

So yes. Where you come from doesn't matter; where you go and what you do matters.