02 September 2013

The 365 Days of Novel Writing

So, I am starting a new project. It's called "The 365 Days of Novel Writing". What I am doing is I am writing a log in one of my many notebooks I use for projects. For 365 days, starting on September 1st, I will be working on one of my novels that I really want to publish, and by next year, I will begin to send my novels off to agents. Publishing and becoming a successful author is one of my dreams, and to even think of publishing before I become an adult would just be wonderful. Right now, I am going to type up the first entry in my log. This is what it says:

"Day One--Sunday, September 1st, 2013

Okay, so I am embarking on a year-long journey (365 days, this year isn't a leap year) journey. This is one of the many projects I've attempt to accomplish, which many of my plans have failed due to my lack of motivation.
     But I hope that this one succeeds.
     Being a published and successful author is one of my many dreams I have. To become published before I turn eighteen would be absolutely AMAZING! Yup-- I am a dreamer-- and make many of my wishes come true. Starting today. I mean, you're dreams won't come true unless you start working up to them, right?
     The writing and publishing business is a tough one, just by hearing about the deadlines, schedules, and rejections from many, even Linda Sue Park, who wrote Trust No One, and who I also got to meet at a writing workshop at my library. No lie. I even have her autograph to prove it.
    Do these facts faze me? Yes, a bit. Writers, in order to survive, need to not just have talent, but patience. One who will rewrite their manuscripts and takes every piece of criticism with a grain of salt. One who can wait, for "Good things come to those who wait."
    This is not a journal. This is not a dairy. This is a log about a girl who is making her dreams become a reality. She is like many, but of course, there are differences and she is original. This is my log about my book.
    My plan to write daily in this log may fail, but again:
     I am an avid dreamer. And I do not intend to fail."