04 July 2013

Bringing Out My Inner Child

Hullo everyone! Just a quick note: I'm not going to be on as often because of Camp NaNoWriMo. For those of you blog readers who don't know what it is, Camp NaNoWriMo is where writers write up to their desired word counts. I am working on a book that (surprisingly) has the same name as my blog.
    No, my novel is not an autobiography; it's about a girl, named Addie. She is a girl who got accepted into Gifted and Talented, but the coordinators are asking one more thing from her: to write an essay answering to the prompt before summer ends. The question? "Who am I?" It's a novel that I am hoping to finish up, edit, and eventually get it published. 
    Yesterday was my brother's soccer party. Everyone had a good time, chowing and drinking pizza, soda, cupcakes, Goldfish and ice cream bars. (I was afraid that the soccer team, mainly the boys, were going to be all hyper.) It was interesting, since I got to talk to the coach, the team players and their parents a lot more. One guy on the team, Edwin, took my phone and the next thing we all knew, were playing monkey in the middle. 
     After we all at, the team played Lava Tag and Mouse on the Ground at the playground next to the soccer field, two of my favorite games when I was younger. The surprising thing was? They invited ME to play. Which, in fact, I did. To be honest with you, I haven't played since last summer, mainly because I'm at that age where I am about to become a teen (plus, my parents never let me outside after I went to middle school). 
     Playing outside again.... it's a feeling that I want to feel again. I felt like a dozen shackles chained onto my ankles were unlocked, and a heavy weight on my shoulders was finally lifted. I was soaring-- flying, free, and happy.
     Now, today, it is 4TH OF JULY!!!! At eleven o'clock this morning, my family took my brother and I took us to watch the parade at Downtown. I stood near the edges of the street, watching as the people walked down and waved. There were veterans and Scottish bagpipe players. I didn't say anything; I was pure silent. Then, I heard my mom say, "Remember what Aunt Julie said? If someone waves at you, then you should wave back." As each minute passed, I slowly began to wave at everyone that came by. Soon, I was waving like mad. 
    Afterwards, we went to go and eat at a really fancy restaurant that my mom had a gift card to, from her boss. The food was simply delicious! here are some pictures that I took: 

Here is the appetizer: cheesy ravioli!!!! 
    My parents had one more surprise after lunch: bringing us to the movies to watch Despicable Me 2! I was super happy! While we were waiting to get popcorn, my parents let my brother and I take pictures in the photo booth. Even though I wasn't chosen to go to the Discovery Girls Summit, I still I had tons of fun. We were just having a good time today.


Here is the main course that I ate. Boy, was I stuffed!

This leads to someone that I learned throughout these events. I thought, since I am going to the eighth grade and am almost at that age where my childhood ends and the teenage years begin, that my childhood is over. Turns out, that it isn't. 
     Your childhood ends when you decide it to end. I'm not saying if you love your childhood, stay childish forever. If you are a 13-year-old, just because you're thirteen doesn't mean you can stop going outside and play. It's really your choice when you want to grow up.
     Happy 4th of July, everyone.
I wanted to add them in somehow! Minions are awesome. :)




Y-M-C-A!




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I watched Despicable Me 2 today! It was AWESOME. I still like #1 best, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you watched "Dispicable Me 2"? I watched it yesterday and it was hilarious! I really think that the minions are the ones keeping the story interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm going to see it soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning