25 May 2013

The First Day of Summer

Yesterday was the first day of summer. And, crazily enough, it was one of the busiest ones that I have ever been through. I would've written this yesterday, but again, my life is hectic. :)
     So I got up extremely early in the morning, about 4:00ish, unlike everyone else that I knew; they'd rather sleep in. I don't know why this happened, but I think it's because I love the sunrises here, where I live. For some odd reason, there's this sort of calmness and quietness that just comes and makes me feel light and flying, if you know what I mean. I'd always want to go out and watch them rise and set, but I never really had the time to do that except during the summers. :)
     I watched the sunrise until about 6:30, then crashed back into bed.
     I didn't get up until 10, where I saw my dad and brother watching their favorite show on TV, something that I don't like to watch much.
My brother and I played Just Dance 4 and Wii Play for about 3 hours after breakfast, unlike most people my age, hanging out on Facebook and Instagram instead of playing video games. It was the best time that my brother had in awhile, even though I always get hit during the "Tanks" game on Wii Play.
     Then my dad took us around town, where we got to eat pizza at a warehouse store. The cashier lady who was there at the front was super nice; she offered to help me bring the food to the bench that my brother, my dad and myself were sitting at.
   And I told myself, "If everyone was nice like this and made people's days, then the world would be a little more of a nicer place to be."
   We went to the community center that my dad signed us up for. It wasn't fancy and elegant as the other community centers that I have been too, but that was alright. When you go to a middle school that had to cut out half of their electives just to still stay open and the middle school has been mocked, well, you learn how to cope.
For the recital, we had to wear
kilts like the one above.
     (I'm speaking for everyone at my school: Even if our school is poor, we can still do great things. Because sometimes the greatest things an emerge from the unlikeliest small places.)
     We were supposed to wait for our cousin to show up, but he didn't, so we played soccer instead while everyone else played basketball or went swimming.
     Then, we went to dance (the final lesson of the school year) wearing our costumes from a recital that we had two weeks ago. There was a huge photo shoot that we had to accomplish, and for the next half hour, me and another girl from my class were smiling for the camera, doing several various poses from our dance. It was hard work, yet fun, at the same time.
    After the photo shoot, our substitute teacher taught us a short dance and we wrote small note to our teacher, who was moving to finish up college. It was a bittersweet farewell, since our teacher was one of the best ones at the dance studio.
     Right after dance class, my parents took my brother and I to the movie theaters to watch Iron Man 3! The movie was hilarious and scary at the same time; I nearly screamed during the scary parts though. It was a lot more better than I expected! Now, whenever I'm calling my friends during the summer, I can actually relate to them and talk to them about the movie.

Summer


1 comment:

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning