17 March 2013

The Daylight Project Shines Daylight

Hi, everyone. How are you guys?

Did I tell you how much I love the song "Daylight" by Maroon 5? Yes, I love this song. I first heard it on the radio, while I was heading home from my final volleyball tournament of the season. And, when I heard it, I just fell in love with the song. Most people at my school have never heard of this song, and, even if they did, they don't talk about it much, unlike the song "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz (another song that I love *smiles*).

And today, I decided to find the music video because I had nothing to do. It was unlike other music videos that I've watched, because it was a HUGE project.

Here it is:


As I watched through the video, I began to cry. Just like they said on their website, "We need YOUR help for our next music video. We're asking YOU to record and share 'YOUR story', and that recording may be handpicked to appear in the video for our third single, 'Daylight', directed by Jonas Akerlund." Adam Levine said, ""As different as we all are, there are common themes that bring us together, inspire and show everyone what is important today. With this video, we’ll present the world today and beyond, creating more than just a music video."

The video was truly INSPIRATIONAL! I nearly cried while I was watching it. People from all around the world were sharing THEIR personal, REAL and TRUE stories about life. 

Before, I used to think that I was alone, that no one else has been through the same things or anything similar. I thought that true happiness was only in fairy tales and in movies. But when I saw this video, I felt as if a burden has been lifted and that I finally know and understand the truth. Now, as I'm looking outside, I feel light and feel as if I am set free because now I know that I'm not alone. Just like at the end of the video, like what it said on the blackboard clapperboard, "We are all the same."

Their were a lot of topics that everyone talked about. They discussed their feelings and stories on:


  • What they love.
  • What they hate. 
  • Life (people)
  • Who they truly are (be yourself)
  • True Love/ Love Life
  • Grieving over loved ones
  • Their regrets
  • Leaving their home everything that they love and know behind (college, particularly)
  • Dreams they wanna reach
  • Hard life
  • Self-confidence/Bullying
  • What they feel about music
And their were memorable quotes too.
  • "As long as I loved who I was, people start loving me."
  • "Everyone should be who they wanna be."
  • "We take so much for granted and we never know when it's gonna be gone."
  • "This world deserves better."
  • "I believe in change."
  • "If you don't take your time and look around, you're going to miss something. And it's going to be something great."
  • "Thank you for letting me be heard."
So, after watching that video, how do you feel about your view in life? What sets you free? Tell me in the comments section!



1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I cannot currently watch it because this computer has no flash or sound :(...

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, reader! Thank you so, so much for having time to read my posts and comment; I really appreciate it, and I promise I will try to reply back! I'd also love it if you would follow my blog too and spread the word; that would make my day. :D Have a great day!

Stay strong and wonderful!
xoxo Morning