08 February 2013

New Year, Brand New Start

Um.... hi. This is the first blog that I have ever written, and I absolutely don't know what to do! My heart is beating fast against my chest, my fingers trembling as I type with each word. I'm making so many errors! Oh, why did I even bother to start a blog, anyway?

Oh, yes, that's right! I remember now. All the time, every day, 24/7, I have to blend in. I don't like standing out. I used to, but many people didn't like the way that I was, so I changed. I hid myself- more of blending in- like I said before, until I was in fifth grade. For that one whole year, I was myself. Then, afraid, I turned into my blending-in-the-crowd self. But now, it's the New Year. Everything has changed. And I, as one of my New Year's resolutions, is to be true to myself. The second one is, as the song "Some Nights" by Fun states, is another question we all ask ourselves:

What do I stand for,
what do I stand for?
Most nights, I don't know,
anymore...

The final one is, as the Glee! cover version of "Some Nights" sings: "Who am I?" It's a question that we might not think about too much, yes. I myself didn't think about it... until I heard the song itself. When you think about it, it's harder than it seems, right?

Oh, yeah! Speaking about who am I, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm not going to say who I am exactly, but I will tell you a few things. First off, my screen name is MorningTime. Strange user name. Well, this is what my close circle of friends call me. This is the name that tells you my true personality all at once: optimistic, bubbly, outgoing and creative. I love to write and sing a lot! And, if there was a song that described my life, it would be "King of Anything," by Sara Bareilles.

*looks up at the blog name* I'm sorry! Another thing that I want to talk about is my blog title: "The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life." I called it this for a reason: Because life has it's ups and downs, like a chain of long hills. And I'm not your average person, once you look underneath the surface. No one is! We're all unique, and we have are different paths. This is my view in life.

Please do leave a comment! I hope that by the end of the year, I will have grown as an individual, both physically, mentally and emotionally. And I hope, that as I grow, so will this blog.

                                                                                                                        With Lots of Love,
                                                                                                                            Morning Time