13 February 2013

Dating: A Must At A Young Age?

Hi, everyone! Have you read the title above? ^^ To anyone over the the age of 30, you don't have to read this or listen to my advice.  But if you want, then you may read this. I have been having second thoughts on posting this too, but my guts been urging me to do this anyways. So, with that, after days of thinking, I have finally decided to do this! Sorry to anyone that may be offended by this.

Dating. I've heard of it in my younger years, but I never knew what it really meant. All I knew was that it had something to do with a guy and a girl "going out" together. I only knew what it truly meant at the end of fourth grade, when it started to come up as a topic and when I read Allie Finkle's Rules For Girls: Best Friends and Drama Queens. It meant that I boy and a girl had feelings for each other, and that they were together as couple.

Whenever anyone asks me about my opinion of dating today, I shrug and just shake my head as if I don't know the answer. I respect the people that are dating; I don;t have anything against them. But this is my post for today: I express my true thoughts on the subject dating!

Starting to date now days seems to happen a lot earlier back when I first saw it. I first saw it when about the beginning of this school year, but heard the topic pop up when at the end of fourth grade. Now, my younger sibling, who is two years younger than me, has heard the subject since the start of the third grade and started seeing in in the middle of the fifth grade. I guess a lot has happened since then.

What are some of the things that contribute to this? Well, one of the first things that come to mind is peer pressure. Many of the kids in the "cool" group are dating. And to many who idolize them as model, they may do the same. Some may have friends that are dating and are them to do the same. And, they may think, that if they don't start dating, they won't be "accepted into society," as my sassy character, Daniella, tells her arch-rivals while doing the group project.


Another factor in this is crushing. I could hear some of you groan, yes, but don't worry! I actually think in all sense that this is really healthy, even though I don't have a crush and not looking sometime in the near future to do so. Many of us will have a secret crush from afar.

But know the difference. When a crush starts to turn harmful- when your grades start to drop and your homework has doodles of his name and a portrait of him, then it's time to snap yourself out of it. If your having trouble with this, try to focus on that energy that you use to daydream about your crush, try to use that  energy on something that you love.

Back to dating! Well, there are many other factors that may contribute to this, but I can't think of them at all off the top of my head. But here is one final thing that may help understand my point: our lives.

As I say many times (and if you browse through the other blog posts that I wrote, it may have mentioned it), "we live life only once." And I am trying to enjoy the time for my young years before I mature. We won't be able to play outside as we did when we were six, so I am trying to enjoy this. Plus, I am not going to get my heart broken by some guy that may dump me later.

So, friends that is my opinion. Let hearts fly one Valentine's Day tomorrow! -<3 Morning